At Crossdock, we provide exemplary transportation and distribution services so that our customers may focus on their businesses! We are looking for a versatile and goal-oriented individual to join our team as an Inventory Control Specialist. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for aiding the Crossdock Warehouse team in all facets of inventory maintenance. The Inventory Control Specialist receives shipments and plays a crucial role in preparing and processing inventory and conducting routine cycle counts.
- Assist with the implementation of a new inventory management system for the company.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and integrity through cycle counts.
- Responsible for inventory counts, additions, deletions and loss.
- Efficiently receive product into inventory to maintain inventory levels.
- Package, ship, receive, stock and pull merchandise and supplies as needed.
- Accurately document movement of merchandise.
- Analyze previous market trends to implement current and future order requirements.
- Maintain filing of shipping and receiving documents.
- Plan replenishments to maintain adequate product availability.
- Work with senior management to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Follow and enforce current safety standards in all warehouse functions.
- Investigate and resolve problematic customer orders and inventory.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Have sense of urgency in fulfilling departmental and individual goals.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of inventory control processes and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Forklift experience required.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to thrive in a team-environment.
- Computer-literate, including working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Outlook e-mail.
Education and Work Experience
- Highschool diploma
- Experience in the warehouse industry required.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs required.