The successful candidate will be responsible for arranging and coordinating the transportation services for our customers. Focus is, but not limited to domestic and cross border over the road and intermodal shipments.
- Responsible for complete order management (origin to destination) while ensuring data integrity is high when building, managing and completing orders
- Source carriers and negotiate the best possible rates while maintaining service requirements
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on carrier performance
- Communicate with customers, sales and operations team
- Provide feedback to sales and business development on areas of opportunity
- Perform all the above responsibilities in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience within a freight brokerage environment is a requirement
- Good understanding of the transportation industry and related documents and good knowledge of North American geography
- Must have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess good negotiation skills and excellent judgment
- Must have excellent customer service skills, a strong work ethic with exception interpersonal skills
- Well Organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work under pressure and take on additional tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; and ability to use and apply various software systems and tools to assist in finding equipment/freight, calculating rates and managing order transactions.